Search site

Gambling occasional use notice

You can apply for an occasional use notice if the betting is on a track for eight days or less in a calendar year.

An occasional use notice can be applied for without the need for a premises licence.

Occasional use notices allow licensed betting operators (with appropriate permission from the Gambling Commission) to use tracks for short periods for betting where activities are either temporary or infrequent.

How to apply

If you are the person responsible for the administration of events on the track or are the occupier of the track, you map apply for an occasional use notice.

When applying to us for an occasional use notice, you must also send a copy to the police station which is nearest to the track.

When applying, you must state the day or days on which the notice will be used. Notices can be granted for consecutive days so long as the overall limit of 8 days is not exceeded in the calendar year.

Providing that betting facilities are not available for more than 8 days in a calendar year, counter notices or objections do not apply.

To apply, download and complete pdf icon occasional use notice application form [34kb].

Complete and return the form to:

Education & Enterprise
Wolverhampton City Council
Civic Centre, St. Peter's Square


No fee is required for an occasional use notice.